This ain't your mama's cabaret! Nope, this raucous, rowdy, interactive show is different every time! Aunt Dottie and her Nephew Aaron have been bringing their unique brand of entertainment to audiences since 2008 and are pleased as punch to be King County 4Culture Touring Artists. Book them for YOUR convention, party, or special event! Aunt Dottie is always the "hostess with the mostess" and, along with Nephew Aaron on the keys, can keep any event lively and unique!


Check out their calendar to find dates/locations of their stage show so you can join the fun as they put their own spin on pop, rock, standards and just about any other genre of music your heart desires!!

8/12/11

CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT

The Rolling Stones said it best: No, you can't always get what you want . . . and if you try sometime you find you get what you need . . .

What are you upset about right now? What is it you want that you're not getting? Did you EVER stop to think that maybe what you want isn't what you NEED?

Years and years ago I fell madly in love and if I'd married the man who WOULD have been my first husband, well, I would've never taken the job singing on the cruise ships in the first place.

Who knows WHERE I would've ended up?? The point is, some of my fondest memories and greatest adventures happened as a result of performing on the cruise ships and I wouldn't have had those memories had I taken for a husband the first man who proposed to me. I'm so GRATEFUL I didn't marry him! If I trace the path of my life, all the disappointments, all the struggles, all the things I did NOT get, have brought me to where I am today: happily married, living in Renton, having adventures and relishing fond memories of things that've gone before! I'm so excited for the future and when things don't go my way, I do my best to shrug them off and realize that something even BETTER must be in store!

STOP for one second and turn it around! Let your mind wander to the POSSIBILITIES that open up if you don't get what you want . . . but if life instead brings you what you NEED!!

Sending hugs and kisses today, my friends!! ~Aunt Dottie

No comments: