This ain't your mama's cabaret! Nope, this raucous, rowdy, interactive show is different every time! Aunt Dottie and her Nephew Aaron have been bringing their unique brand of entertainment to audiences since 2008 and are pleased as punch to be King County 4Culture Touring Artists. Book them for YOUR convention, party, or special event! Aunt Dottie is always the "hostess with the mostess" and, along with Nephew Aaron on the keys, can keep any event lively and unique!


Check out their calendar to find dates/locations of their stage show so you can join the fun as they put their own spin on pop, rock, standards and just about any other genre of music your heart desires!!

7/15/11

I READ THE NEWS TODAY

Actually, I read some art books today -but the artist's quotes and pictures were so inspiring; they felt fresh and new! I love to go to the local library over the Cedar River and just browse. I’ll check out books and bring them home just to flip through and return them the next day! Today, I found myself drawn to a batch of books about art journals and altered books and creating art IN journals. It inspired me to write down some of the quotes from the books into my own little dream journal. I always have my dream journal with me to write down the day’s news, or song ideas, or just anything that floats into my world that I find inspiring. I started out just by jotting notes in my datebook until I had too many thoughts for my datebook and branched out into journals. I’ll never go back! I have some old journals where I traced around my Nephew Aaron’s hand when he was a little boy. I did it over the years and have a nice visual memory of how small he was when he was a little boy. If you don’t already journal, why don’t you start today. The thing I like best is that there’s no “right” or “wrong” way to keep a journal!

No comments: