This ain't your mama's cabaret! Nope, this raucous, rowdy, interactive show is different every time! Aunt Dottie and her Nephew Aaron have been bringing their unique brand of entertainment to audiences since 2008 and are pleased as punch to be King County 4Culture Touring Artists. Book them for YOUR convention, party, or special event! Aunt Dottie is always the "hostess with the mostess" and, along with Nephew Aaron on the keys, can keep any event lively and unique!


Check out their calendar to find dates/locations of their stage show so you can join the fun as they put their own spin on pop, rock, standards and just about any other genre of music your heart desires!!

7/17/11

DREAM A LITTLE DREAM

Most people call them “goals”; I prefer to call them “dreams”! (Because it feels more magical!!) When I was traveling with my mother, in our little airstream trailer, she hung up a small bulletin board for me in the main living area of our trailer. That was my “dream board” and I’d tack up pictures of things I wanted or pictures that symbolized something I wanted to achieve. Every time I got something or did something, I’d take that picture off the board, glue it into a scrapbook and come up with a NEW dream. The funny thing about my little bulletin board was that OTHER people saw visual pictures of my dreams, too. One of the pictures I had for a long time was a picture of a big cruise ship –because I wanted to sing on the boats. My friends saw that picture, too. It was a FRIEND who saw an audition poster for cruise ship auditions that alerted me to my first audition; the one that got me my first job! The friend KNEW that was one of my dreams because he’d seen the picture on my bulletin board!

Isn’t it funny how that works?? He wouldn’t have told me about the auditions had I not made my dream as clear as day, not only for myself but for OTHERS so they could be “in” on it and help me! Also, because that was my dream, I knew I had to practice and build my skills so I'd be READY when my turn to audition came!

As I got older, my dreams got bigger but I still have my habit of the pictures. I tape them up around the house; mostly inside closet doors and cupboards! Every time I open a cupboard, a picture shows up to keep me focused on that particular dream.

What do you do to keep focused on your dreams/goals? How do you celebrate when they come true? Today, I encourage you to go for your dreams! Find a way to keep them in the front of your mind and achieve them!

P.S. My current enormous dream is for Nephew Aaron & I to take our show to Broadway for a 9 week limited engagement! I've created a mock "Playbill" cover with OUR pictures on it to keep the dream focused! We rehearse together often and I sing EVERYDAY. That's how we keep focused AND prepared!!

No comments: